Teacher Library Cards
This library card is for those who teach in Baltimore City. This includes teachers of the Baltimore City Public School System, private schools, parochial schools, licensed day care centers and nursery schools. Registered home school parents are also eligible for this service library card.
- Teachers must bring a copy of their current teacher assignment on school letterhead or a pay stub issued within the past 30-days with a work ID stating position in the public school system. A driver’s license or other valid identification that verifies their signature and current home address is also required. Licensed daycare providers must bring a copy of their state license issued within the past two years. Registered home school parents are also eligible for this service and must provide current written proof of verification from their local school district. Cards must be renewed at the beginning of each school year.
- Individuals who wish to apply for this card must be completely debt free at the Enoch Pratt Free Library and must have a personal Enoch Pratt Free Library card. Teachers should make arrangements with the circulation staff in advance of checking out materials on a teacher library card.
- This card is to be used for classroom related materials only. No current fiction, best sellers or entertainment videos/DVDs will be circulated on this card. Librarians have the right to restrict any materials that are considered "high demand."
- Borrowers are allowed to check out thirty (30) items that will circulate for six (6) weeks. Materials may be renewed once for six (6) more weeks. Teachers are encouraged to renew their materials online.
- All overdue materials must be returned before other materials may be charged out. Teachers will be responsible for the replacement price, collection fees and damage assessment on materials borrowed from this library card. Processing fees for lost materials and fines for overdue materials will be waived for materials charged to this card.
- Continued failure to return materials charged on a teacher’s library card may result in the revocation of the special privileges this library card provides.
Printable Teacher Library Card Application